We look forward to seeing you all at our 2018 Walk for the Animals!
Here are 5 quick, final tips to help ensure that your Walk experience is stress-free, safe, and (most importantly) FUN!
- If you still have donations that you would like to add to your Walk page, bring them with you to a registration table on Walk day. We can apply the donations for you and help ensure that you get all of the S’Wag you’ve worked so hard to earn!
- Rain or shine, registration and sponsor booths open at 8am, but the Walk doesn’t start until 10am. We do recommend, however, that you arrive at least 30-45 minutes early so you can grab a bite and enjoy some free goodies before the festivities officially begin! Also, please dress appropriately for all sorts of weather. We walk rain or shine!
- We’ll have our Photography, Videography, and Social Media teams there to help capture the day. If you snap a photo and post it to your social media, tag us (Insta: @hsbroward / Twitter: @humanebroward) and use the hashtag #hsbcwfta so we can share! ALSO we’ll have our own Snapchat Filter live throughout the entire Walk. So keep an eye out!
- There are plenty of lots and parking garages within walking distance of Huizenga Plaza. We’ve installed a free widget onto our website to help make finding spots faster and more convenient. It updates in real-time, so bookmark it for Walk Day. Click here to view.
- Your safety is of the upmost importance to us. To help ensure that everyone has a fun time at the Walk, we ask that you…
— Only bring your human and canine friends to the Walk. Although your cat (or other smaller pet) may be fine around dogs, some dogs may get overly stimulated by having a cat nearby.
— Keep your dog on a leash at all times.
— Leave dogs that are in poor health at home. Although we will have a team ready to help pets in need, if your dog is not used to long walks outside, it may be best that he/she stay at home. We also request that pets who are in heat stay home as well.