Today is National Dog Biscuit Day, and we have a fun activity to help you celebrate with the ENTIRE family! Your children will absolutely love this pet project, and our dogs at the shelter go wild for these “no-bake” treats! Make some and bring them over to share with the homeless animals, or make them for your dog at home.
- 1/2 cup soy butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup imitation powdered milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Wheat Germ
- In a large bowl, mix together soy butter, honey, powdered milk and oats. Use your hands and make it extra fun!
- Form the mixture into small balls of dough.
- Roll the balls in the wheat germ.
- That’s it! Now pass them out and make a dog’s belly very happy!
|Did you like this article? Subscribe to our blog for a weekly digest of shelter news. You can also read our print publications, view our videos, and access our guides and other resources for more information.|