Join our 2019 Walk for the Animals Committee
Take an active role in planning and promoting our largest fundraiser of the year. This dedicated group:
- Attends monthly planning meetings at the shelter from August through March
- Promotes the Walk and the shelter at tabling events throughout the county
- Lends a hand to distribute Walk marketing materials to area business establishments and government centers
- Recruits walkers, sponsors and teams for the Walk
You will have the opportunity to work with other like-minded individuals, knowing the end result benefits the homeless animals and the programs offered by the Humane Society of Broward County. It’s a great networking opportunity and the perfect way to give back to the community.
An informational meeting will be held on Thursday, August 16th at 6:15pm at the Humane Society. If you’d like to attend, please contact Linda Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-266-6817.
Help us make the March 2, 2019 Walk a success.
About the Walk for the Animals
In its 29th year, the Walk for the Animals has become a highly anticipated event in Broward County, Florida. It is a day of celebration for our loyal Walkers, thanking them for their months of hard work fundraising to help support the animals in our care and the programs and services that we offer.
In 2017, we welcomed over 5,000 people and about 2,000 of their four-legged friends. Participants gathered at Downtown Fort Lauderdale’s Huizenga Plaza, enjoying live music, a pancake breakfast courtesy of IHOP, Purina Pro Plan Performance Dog demonstrations, games, giveaways and over 40 booths to visit. The 1.25 mile Walk is optional, but thousands participated, walking through Downtown Fort Lauderdale and along the scenic New River.
Because of the generosity of our community and local businesses, the 2017 Walk netted over $575,000 and we’re ready to beat that number for 2018. We welcome people (and pups) of all ages to register, fundraise and join us in walking for the animals!
Check out some of the great things you’ll get to do by fundraising for the animals and joining us on Walk Day!
- Enjoy a free pancake breakfast, live entertainment and much more
- Grab free treats for you and your dog from over 40 booths
- Qualify for great prizes including a chance to win your dog’s photo on next year’s Walk publicity
- Create a Pack so your whole team can walk and fundraise together
- Raise money so the Humane Society of Broward County can help even more homeless animals in 2018 (you’ll even earn some great prizes for your hard work)
The more money we raise, the more animals we can help. Won’t you join us in helping to care for the homeless animals in our community?