Always Be Prepared
• ID Tag with 2 phone numbers: your current phone number including the area code and the phone number including the area code of an out-of-state friend or relative.
• Microchip (recommended as backup identification; collars and tags may become lost). Contact your veterinarian or the Humane Society of Broward County for information.
• Current photo of your pet(s).
• Up-to-date rabies vaccination and license tag (have a copy of your pets rabies certificate in a safe place).
• Other state-required shots for cats and dogs.
• PROPER COLLARS (NO CHOKE, PRONG OR PINCH COLLARS)
• Nylon or leather collars for dogs. Choke chain, prong or pinch collars can get caught and strangle dogs.
• Safety breakaway collars for cats.
SPAYING & NEUTERING
• Cats and dogs may escape and become pregnant or impregnate others.
• For information on spay and neuter, contact your veterinarian or call the Humane Society at 954.463.7729 or 954.266.6826.
Our Pet Lodging Evacuation Listing
Our Pet Hotel Chains Evacuation Listing
Trips with Pets Local Lodging Resources
Trips with Pets “Search Hotels by Route”
Hurricane Pet Evacuation Listing
Equine Boarding Facilities
Cageless Boarding Facilities
Frequently Asked Questions