To adopt a friend for life, the Humane Society of Broward County requires the following adoption fees.
- $185.00 for Puppies 5 months and younger
- $235.00 for designer breed Puppies 5 months and younger
- $100.00 for Dogs
- $60.00 for Kittens (Adopt 1, get 1 free)
- $30.00 for Cats (Adopt 1, get 1 free)
- $50.00 for Rabbits*
- $30.00 for Guinea Pigs
- $25 for Hamsters
- $55.00 for Ferrets
*Includes spay or neuter and microchip identification
You must be 21 or older to adopt. Please bring in a valid photo ID.
These fees include:
- Spaying/neutering for every animal, including puppies and kittens, before going home
- Treatment for fleas & ticks
- Preliminary vaccinations and de-worming
- Overall wellness check
- Heartworm test for dogs (for dogs 7 months or older) and Feline Leukemia test for cats
- Complimentary bag of Purina ONE pet food
- Pet behavior helpline
- Limited 10 day follow-up care at participating VCA Animal Hospitals (restrictions apply, up to $250)
of Broward County
2070 Griffin Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312.
We are located just west of I-95 on the south side of the street.
Monday – Saturday:
10:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Adoption Desk closes at 6:30 p.m.
10:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Adoption Desk closes at 5:30 p.m.