To adopt a friend for life, the Humane Society of Broward County requires the following adoption fee.
- $185.00 for Puppies 5 months and younger
- $235.00 for designer breed Puppies 5 months and younger
- $100.00 for Dogs
- $50.00 for Kittens (Adopt 1, get 1 free)
- $25.00 for Cats (Adopt 1, get 1 free)
- $50.00 for Rabbits*
- $15.00 for Guinea Pigs
- $55.00 for Ferrets
*Includes spay or neuter and microchip identification
You must be 21 or older to adopt. Please bring in a valid photo ID.
This fee includes:
- Spaying/neutering for every animal, including puppies and kittens, before going home
- Treatment for fleas & ticks
- Preliminary vaccinations and de-worming
- Overall wellness check
- Heartworm test for dogs (for dogs 7 months or older) and Feline Leukemia test for cats
- Complimentary bag of Purina ONE pet food
- Pet behavior helpline
- Limited 10 day follow-up care at participating VCA Animal Hospitals (restrictions apply, up to $250)
Adopting from an Animal Shelter
Animal shelters are your best source when looking for a pet. Not only do they have a great selection of adult animals for adoption, but they also have kittens and puppies, even purebred animals. In fact, on average, purebreds account for about 25% to 30% of a shelter’s dog population.
of Broward County
2070 Griffin Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312.
We are located just west of I-95 on the south side of the street.
Monday – Saturday:
10:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Adoption Desk closes at 6:30 p.m.
10:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Adoption Desk closes at 5:30 p.m.
If you did not find a pet at our shelter, there are many other rescues and shelters with pets available. Please visit adoptapet.com to see who else is looking for a forever home.