With the holidays just around the corner, the Humane Society of Broward County wants to ensure that as many pets as possible will not be spending the holiday alone.
As the shelter is closed to the public each year for three days over the holidays – Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day – the animals do not have the interaction with the public that they do the other days of the year.
There are two ways to get involved:
- Foster a pet during the holidays
- Donate to help send animals home during the holiday break with the necessary supplies
Why not give some deserving cats and dogs a holiday vacation to remember, with company and warm hugs and maybe even a gift under the tree?
Holiday Foster Program Requirements
Those interested in providing holiday comfort and companionship to a pet in need would need to:
- attend an informational orientation that will be held on Wednesday, December 11.
- select adult dog or cat on December 19th and 20th.
- pick up your new furry friend on one of the designated pick up days: Dec 20th, 21st and 22nd.
- provide TLC; (HSBC will provide the necessary food, crates, litter and litter boxes).
- return the furry guest starting on January 2nd. Of course, the host family always has the option to adopt their new furry friend and give them a forever home!
How to Apply
The program is limited to 20 families, so if you think this is something you would like to participate in please fill out application below. If you are selected our Live Release Coordinator will be emailing all host families an invitation. Those participating will be required to pay a fee for a background check.
Please fill out the following form to apply
Sorry, we are no longer accepting applicants.