Whether you’re 6 or 60, children and adults both agree that having a party at the Humane Society of Broward County is a tail-waggin’ good time! If you’re an adult and would like to celebrate your birthday with us you should also check out our Yappy Hour!
What does a Birthday Party Entail?
We have three party packages, each one offering a variety of animal-themed activities including games, crafts and a visit from a special animal guest to create a one-of-a-kind party experience. Parties are offered on Saturdays and Sundays with the party times of either 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. We no longer offer parties on weekdays. Learn about our party packages in our birthday party brochure.
- Special Animal Guest– Enjoy hands on time with some of our adorable shelter pets
- Decorate and personalize your own pet food bowl
- Make no-bake dog treats to feed to the shelter dogs or to bring home for your pet
- Sculpt and paint your favorite animal out of creative clay
- Design a bandana for a special dog
- Design your own pet I.D. Tag with Shrinky Dinks
- Play Dog Breed Bingo for prizes
* The birthday child and their guests can have a howlin’ good time creating their own pet to take home. Includes choice from assorted un-stuffed plush cats and dogs, plus stuffing, an adoption certificate and a wishing heart. Two weeks notice required for this activity. Build-A-Pet has an additional cost.
How much do Birthday Parties Cost?:
Party packages start at $200. Please refer to our brochure for detailed information on party packages and pricing. To book a party we require a $100.00 deposit, which will go toward the total cost of the party.
Is there a minimum age to be able to have a party at HSBC?:
We recommend parties for children ages 7 and older. The minimum age for a party is 6 years old and will be limited to 12 guests*. There is no maximum age for parties, even 80 year olds love animals!! We have even had Sweet 16 and Bar/Bat Mitzvah celebrations!
*Guests counted in the party package are those partaking in the activities, eating any food we provide, and going home with a goody bag. Parents of children at parties are not counted in guest head count.
How do I schedule/book a birthday for my child?
To book a party, check out our birthday party brochure and fill out the form below. Someone from our team will contact you shortly. Book early for best availability! We recommend inquiring at least two months in advance of your desired party date.
***Special Note: Birthday inquires and correspondence are completed via email. If you have not received a response within 2 business days please check your email’s spam/junk folder.***
Questions or need more information? Contact Katie at email@example.com.
Request a Birthday Party