The Humane Society of Broward County offers several day-camps (“Pet Playdates”) throughout the school year, and week-long camps during spring break and summer break.
In all of our camps, we teach the kids about staying safe around animals and the kids get supervised hands-on interaction with animals. Kids love our cool animal-themed crafts, games, and activities—it’s ALL animals, ALL day!
In our week-long camps, we are able to go into further detail about what it means to be a responsible pet parent. The kids get to roll up their sleeves and help take care of the animals in the shelter by doing different jobs like cleaning cages, feeding animals, socializing animals, building litter boxes, bathing dogs, making enrichment items for the animals, etc. Kids also learn about important topics such as basic pet care, animal handling, careers with animals, dog training, pet overpopulation, and more.
Pet Playdate Camp
When school is out, come to the Humane Society of Broward County and give love and attention to some adorable animals! Let’s spoil homeless dogs and cats with affection, and make fun surprises for them. There will be cool animal-themed crafts, games, and activities—it’s ALL animals, ALL day!
Kids aged 7-12 are invited to join us for a day of tail wags and purrs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. The cost is $70 for the day, which includes a pizza lunch.
Cancellation policy: a refund (minus $25 cancellation fee) will be given if the parent cancels 10 or more days before the Pet Playdate.
Pet Playdates will be held on the following dates:
- November 12, 2018 – Register Now
- January 3, 2019 – Register Now
- January 4, 2019 – Register Now
- January 21, 2019 – Register Now
- February 18, 2019 – Register Now
Junior Dog Training Camp
For this week-long after-school camp, kids will come to the Humane Society of Broward County and be paired with a shelter dog specially selected for them to train for the week.
- Who: Children ages 11-16 years old
- When: Monday, November 26 through Thursday, November 29, 2018
- Where: Humane Society of Broward County
- Time: 4:30pm – 6:00pm
Kids will learn:
- Positive reinforcement dog training skills
- How to train a dog to do tricks
- How to use proper equipment to handle a dog
- How to redirect negative behaviors
- How to read dog body language
- How to teach basic commands using verbal cues and hand signals
- How to market their trained shelter dog and work to get them adopted
- And more
Important Information: Children must be comfortable working with large dogs. Training supplies are included. Only 8 spots available. Register on our website.
Questions: Contact Caroline Crane 954-266-6815 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Spring Break Camp
Spring Break 2018 camp has passed. Please check back soon for Spring Camp 2019 dates.
2018 Summer Camp
Summer camp is officially sold out. But, you can still sign up for the Waiting List.